Product name : Ameriplan USA
Price: varies between $12.95-$150.00 a month plus a $19.95 yearly service fee.
Owners: Dennis and Daniel Bloom
Websites Included: 1 automated site already setup for you.
Training levels: Newbie to intermediate
Overall Rank: 2.7 out of 5 stars
Ameriplan Company Overview
Ameriplan USA is a worldwide company based out of Plano Texas, that offers discount dental,healthcare,and prescription plans. The company was founded back in 1992, and has millions of members as well as IBO’s (Independent Business Owner) who are promoting the company.
How does Ameriplan work and what products or services do they have to offer?
When you join Ameriplan you have the option of choosing a membership level they are as follows:
- Ameriplan MD Plus This plan gives you discounts on prescriptions for your entire family along with 24/7 access to physician care when you need it the most.
This plan costs 12.95 a month.
- Ameriplan Dental Plus This plan gives you discounts on dental
This covers your entire family for only 19.95 a month.
- Ameriplan Healthcare This plan gives you all the benefits of the dental plan listed above with added features.
You will get access to:
- the Ameridoc program
- ancillary services that includes
- physical therapy
- laboratory procedures
- imaging centers
- hearing services
- mental health services
- diabetes supplies.
If you ever need to be hospitalized and it costs more than $2,500 then this plan will help cover the costs of your hospital bill.
This plan costs 49.95 a month.
- Ameriplan Platinum Plus The dental plus plan is included in this package. It includes discounts on
- dining out
- theme parks
- movie theaters
You can get additional discounts on
- PC purchases
- high speed internet
- 15% off of sprint cell phone service when you sign a 2 year contract.
The cost of this plan is $50 a month.
- Ameriplan Total Platinum This plan comes with the same benefits as the platinum plus, with ID theft protection included and a few other features.
This plan costs $75 a month
- Ameriplan Platinum Freedom Pass This plan includes everything in the total platinum plan, as well as access to the medical plan.
- You can also enjoy additional savings on cruises
- hotel rentals
- and much more.
It also comes with thousands of dollars in savings on grocery store brands you buy everyday.
It also includes
- digital coupons
- coupons you can print in their members only section of their website.
- my deals app
These perks are available only to Platinum Freedom Pass Members.
This plan costs a whopping $150 a month and covers everyone in your household.
How Ameriplan works and how you make money with them
Depending on what membership plan you sign up for will determine how much money you can make on each sale. Everything is broken down into a commission scale.
I just want to add that I was a member of Ameriplan for about 2 months and the most popular package they have is the platinum plus plan. When you join you also get 1 personalized automated website that is already setup for you.
This is the breakdown of their commission payout
1.The $50 platinum plus pays you 20% commission of all sales you get. You continue to pay $50 a month until you get enough people signed up under your name, then you will start getting paid when your commissions exceed $50 a month.
2. The $75 a month total platinum pays you 30% commission on all sales you get. Like I mentioned above until you exceed the $75 in sales needed for that month you will be paying the difference of whatever you need to reach that $75 monthly charge. You will start earning money for any sales above $75 a month.
3. The $150 a month platinum freedom pass pays you 40% commission on all sales you get. Once you exceed $150 in sales for that month you will start earning money.
There are 2 ways you can market this business and I will explain both of them in detail.
1. The business model When you join Ameriplan you will have the opportunity to get other people to join under your name, doing the same thing you are doing. The way it works is they tell you to post help wanted ads on craigslist, and other job related board sites.
When people contact you about the job offers you will direct them to your personalized website and tell them to fill out the contact form and request an interview with you on the phone.
This is when you tell them what they will be doing, basically recruiting other people known as IBO’s to promote Ameriplan.
2. Selling the healthcare and dental packages You can choose to only sell the dental and healthcare package, or you can do both of them. Mostly all of this is done over the phone, you have to purchase a list of leads and randomly call people up and tell them what you have to offer.
Who is Ameriplan USA for?
Ameriplan is for anyone looking to start up a business of their own or would like to help people who don’t have health insurance. It is also ideal for stay at home moms who is looking to make extra income. If you enjoy talking on the phone for hours at a time then Ameriplan is the perfect business for you.
What tools and training are provided?
When you join you get 1 free personalized automated website, along with live training calls every Tuesday evening at 8 pm. There is also training materials available in your back office, and you can call your recruiter at any time you want and ask questions.
Does Ameriplan offer any support?
You can call your recruiter or any member of the training team with questions at any time, and if you don’t understand something they will explain it to you.
Pros vs Cons
- The discount dental and various healthcare options are great for anyone who doesn’t have insurance.
- If you are the type of person who loves talking on the phone and can sell strangers stuff over the phone this is a great opportunity for you to make some really good money.
- The telephone support and training you are offered is great.
- They have many different incentive programs to try and get you motivated to make more sales.
- In order to use the discounts for the healthcare and dental plans you have to go to someone in their network or they won’t cover the cost.
- Hard to find doctors or dentists that accept Ameriplan (their network of doctors/dentists is not as large as they say it is)
- If you don’t like to talk on the phone or if you are not a salesman then this opportunity is definitely not for you.
- There have been several complaints that after you have built up a pretty huge income for yourself, the company will terminate you under a no cause contract. This means that they can terminate you at any time for no reason.
- They say backed up by the BBB (Better business Bureau) but when you check them out there are over 200 negative reviews about this company.
- It is setup like a lot of pyramid schemes, and is pretty much a MLM company.
The price to join Ameriplan
Like I have mentioned above you can get started anywhere from $12.95-$150.00 a month along with a 19.95 yearly fee that is included with your start up costs.
My thoughts on Ameriplan USA
Ameriplan USA is not for everyone, I joined and was only with the company for about 2 months. The main focus of the company is to get you to sign up other members under your name. It seems to me like they just use the prescription, healthcare and, dental to get you to join.
If you are not comfortable with the idea of cold calling and hard selling to people over the phone, along with trying to get people to join your down line/up line then this opportunity is not for you. However, if you love the idea of cold calling and hard selling and this doesn’t bother you then you will probably fit in well with Ameriplan.
In the whole 2 months I was there they never once offered any training on how to sell the discount healthcare products. If you are a sales person and love talking on the phone this could be a great way to make some decent money.
I personally don’t like talking on the phone especially to someone I don’t know and try to sell them something.
I would also be really careful when joining, in the past few years there have been complaints of them terminating you for no reason whatsoever.
My personal recommendation
If you are looking for a 100% true work at home opportunity with no risk involved and a chance to build a real future for yourself. I would recommend wealthy affiliate I have learned so much from them in the year that I have been there. I would highly recommend you check them out. You can get started for Free with no strings attached.
Is Ameriplan USA really a scam or not?
Is Ameriplan a scam? based on my experience I had with them I wouldn’t say they are a scam. As with any MLM company, there are many people making good money with this company and others that are not. It just seems risky, if you are with Ameriplan now or have been a member in the past, I would love to hear your experience with this company.
Please leave your review of the company below, and try to be as thorough as possible. Thanks so much, Your Friend Scott